Today, the criteria for selecting a kitchen are diverse and varied and it is easy to get lost. There is a type of kitchen called a fitted kitchen that is furnished from top to bottom and ready to use. But how to choose a furnished kitchen? This article provides a brief summary of some of the things to look for.
Choosing the Materials for a Fitted Kitchen
The main purpose of a fitted kitchen is to be functional, but not only: the fitted kitchen is also appreciated for its aesthetics. Pay attention to the coating to be applied to have an excellent performance.
Apart from aesthetics, the material to be chosen must offer excellent value for money and stand up well to the effects of time. Here are some possible fronts:
- Melamine fronts which are cheap, easy to maintain and offer a wide range of aspects and colors;
- Laminated fronts are resistant and offer a good quality-price ratio;
- Wooden fronts appreciated for their warmth, authenticity and robustness;
- Lacquered fronts are suitable for a kitchen that wants to be designing and chic;
- The range of materials does not stop there. Stainless steel, polymers and acrylic are also used for the fronts of fitted kitchens.
Factory-Assembled or Kitchen ?
Indeed, the kitchen kit is a solution for small budgets and people who do not have time to assemble a kitchen from scratch. In addition, its furniture designed in universal dimensions is delivered flat very quickly.
On the other hand, in the case of the factory-assembled kitchen, the elements are designed on request and according to the preferences of each customer, and delivered to the concerned. Finally, factory-assembled kitchen furniture is often better designed than kitchens. The essential has already been done so that they are just ready to be installed.
When choosing your fitted kitchen, make sure you choose the front that suits you best, taking your budget into account, of course. Keep in mind, however, that kitchens are easy to assemble, but are less elaborate than custom kitchens.